Modern Family Cast Strikes Salary Deal, Production to Resume
1:50 pm, July 28th, 2012
The “Modern Family” contract standoff has ended, and the hit ABC series will resume production.
As Gossip Cop reported earlier this week, the show’s primary adult cast members — Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet — had reached an impasse with 20th Century Fox Television over salary and bonuses.
The five stars had the first table read for the fourth season of “Modern Family” canceled and filed a lawsuit to have their contracts voided.
But late Friday, following heated negotiations, the two sides agreed to terms.
The actors will reportedly see their compensation rise to approximately $170,000 apiece per episode, up from the estimated $65,000 they previously earned.
Ed O’Neill, whose prior per-episode salary of roughly $100,000 had been higher than his cast mates due to his pre-”Modern Family” fame, will also get a pay boost from separate negotiations.
All of the actors will see their compensation escalate as the show continues into a fifth season and beyond.
But for now, fans of “Modern Family” can rejoice — the show will resume production on Monday.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments