Hunger Games Finale Mockingjay to Be Split Into Two Movies
4:51 pm, July 10th, 2012
Get ready for even more Hunger Games than originally expected.
Mockingjay, the third installment in Suzanne Collins’ bestselling book series, will be split into TWO movie adaptations, it was announced on Tuesday.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 will be released in theaters on November 21, 2014.
Then the final movie, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 will arrive on November 20, 2015.
Meanwhile, the first sequel to this year’s smash hit The Hunger Games, based on the second book Catching Fire, has just signed up Philip Seymour Hoffman and will be in theaters on November 22, 2013.
Of course, splitting the final book into two movies was famously done with both the Harry Potter and The Twilight Saga franchises.
Are you excited to see The Hunger Games saga last four movies?
Or were you hoping things would wrap up before 2015?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage