Miss New York Mallory Hagan Wins Miss America 2013 (VIDEO)
11:01 pm, January 12th, 2013VIDEO
Miss New York Mallory Hagan is the new Miss America.
The 23-year-old won the pageant and its $50,000 prize on Saturday in Las Vegas.
Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers came in second, and Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton took third place.
For the talent portion of the contest, Hagan tap danced to the James Brown song, “Get Up Off of That Thing.”
And when asked during the question-and-answer part about hiring armed guards in schools, the young beauty responded, “I don’t think the proper way to fight violence is with violence.”
She added, “I think the proper way is to educate people on guns and the ways we can use them properly. We can lock them up, we can have gun safety classes, we can have a longer waiting period.”
Hagan takes over the crown for Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler.
Who were you rooting for to win Miss America?
Check out video of Hagan winning Miss America.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z