Miss New York Mallory Hagan Wins Miss America 2013 (VIDEO)
11:01 pm, January 12th, 2013VIDEO
Miss New York Mallory Hagan is the new Miss America.
The 23-year-old won the pageant and its $50,000 prize on Saturday in Las Vegas.
Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers came in second, and Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton took third place.
For the talent portion of the contest, Hagan tap danced to the James Brown song, “Get Up Off of That Thing.”
And when asked during the question-and-answer part about hiring armed guards in schools, the young beauty responded, “I don’t think the proper way to fight violence is with violence.”
She added, “I think the proper way is to educate people on guns and the ways we can use them properly. We can lock them up, we can have gun safety classes, we can have a longer waiting period.”
Hagan takes over the crown for Miss America 2012 Laura Kaeppeler.
Who were you rooting for to win Miss America?
Check out video of Hagan winning Miss America.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Too Much Chaos At Kardashian Household For Kanye?
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years