Mischa Barton: I Had “Full-On Breakdown”
9:30 am, October 16th, 2013
The actress became tabloid fodder with her partying and erratic behavior in the years after she rocketed to stardom on “The O.C.,” and Barton is now opening up for the first time about her downward spiral.
“We thought, ‘Work hard, play hard,’” explains the star of her wild years, during which she was arrested for DUI.
In 2009, after Barton’s parents attempted an intervention, the actress blacked out after taking a sedative and was placed in the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center psychiatric ward under and involuntary 5150 hold after threatening to commit suicide.
She tells People, “It was a full-on breakdown. I was under enormous pressure.”
Barton subsequently began to focus on her health, but was bullied after putting on weight.
She says that when she first became famous, “It was always, ‘She’s too skinny, she must be sick. Then it was, ‘She’s too big.’ I was never the right weight.”
Barton is finally more stable after years of struggle.
“I’ve learned a lot,” she tells the magazine. “I’m stronger now.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- Kaley Cuoco Shows Off Her Tennis Skills