Mindy McCready Dead at 37 in Apparent Suicide
9:32 pm, February 17th, 2013
Mindy McCready is dead in an apparent suicide.
The troubled country singer’s body was found on the front porch of her home in Heber Springs, Arkansas on Sunday, with the local sheriff’s office announcing that McCready died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
She was 37 years old.
The songstress had a number of personal problems in recent years, with her family committing her to a mental health clinic earlier this month — before she was released for an out-patient program.
McCready’s death comes shortly after the January passing of her boyfriend, David Wilson, and just a few weeks after she slammed speculation that she had anything to do with his death.
The star’s two children — Zander, 6, and Zayne, 9 months — were removed from her care on February 6.
McCready, who had a number of run-ins with the law, reportedly attempted suicide twice before, most recently in 2008, and appeared on “Celebrity Rehab” in 2010.
The singer released five studio albums over the course of her career, with her first, Ten Thousand Angels, released in 1996 and going double platinum in the United States.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage