Miley Cyrus: “Pretty Blatant” That Jonas Brothers Song ‘Wedding Bells’ Is About Me
8:27 pm, October 18th, 2012AUDIO
Miley Cyrus says it’s “pretty blatant” that the Jonas Brothers’ new song “Wedding Bells” is about her.
The song recounts finding out an ex is set to wed someone else, with the chorus including lines like “I don’t wanna hear the wedding bells bloom/Maybe we can try/One last time/But I don’t wanna hear the wedding bells chime.”
Cyrus told Seacrest, “I don’t know who else is getting married… so I feel like that’s pretty blatant.”
Another lyric — “Our anniversary falls 11 nights into June” — is rumored to be referencing June 11, 2006, the date Cyrus said in her autobiography is the day she met her “first love.”
Though Jonas himself has kept pretty quiet about the song’s meaning, Cyrus doesn’t seem to mind that he may have written about her.
Cyrus said, “Everyone has to write songs that are about things that they felt… So, you can’t ever hate on someone for writing about something you’ve been through.”
“I think that you kind of get a fair warning when you date an artist and someone that’s a writer,” she continues. “When you’re going through things that you’re going to end up hearing about it on the radio.”
Watch the Jonas Brothers play “Wedding Bells” and listen to Cyrus’ interview below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet