Miley Cyrus: “Pretty Blatant” That Jonas Brothers Song ‘Wedding Bells’ Is About Me
8:27 pm, October 18th, 2012AUDIO
Miley Cyrus says it’s “pretty blatant” that the Jonas Brothers’ new song “Wedding Bells” is about her.
The song recounts finding out an ex is set to wed someone else, with the chorus including lines like “I don’t wanna hear the wedding bells bloom/Maybe we can try/One last time/But I don’t wanna hear the wedding bells chime.”
Cyrus told Seacrest, “I don’t know who else is getting married… so I feel like that’s pretty blatant.”
Another lyric — “Our anniversary falls 11 nights into June” — is rumored to be referencing June 11, 2006, the date Cyrus said in her autobiography is the day she met her “first love.”
Though Jonas himself has kept pretty quiet about the song’s meaning, Cyrus doesn’t seem to mind that he may have written about her.
Cyrus said, “Everyone has to write songs that are about things that they felt… So, you can’t ever hate on someone for writing about something you’ve been through.”
“I think that you kind of get a fair warning when you date an artist and someone that’s a writer,” she continues. “When you’re going through things that you’re going to end up hearing about it on the radio.”
Watch the Jonas Brothers play “Wedding Bells” and listen to Cyrus’ interview below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Hugh Jackman Opens Up About Cancer Scare
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- James Franco Shirtless For Sexy Christmas Calendar