Miley Cyrus Gets Pig Named Nora Sponsored By PETA For 20th Birthday
2:51 pm, November 23rd, 2012
Miley Cyrus turns 20 on Friday, and PETA is going full hog to mark the occasion.
The group has sponsored a rescued pig named Nora in honor of Cyrus, an outspoken animal rights advocate who recently mentioned that she would love to adopt a pig.
“PETA knew that sponsoring a rescued pig was the perfect birthday present for a young woman who spends so much time encouraging others to help animals,” executive vice president Tracy Reiman in a statement.
She added, “From promoting animal adoption to speaking up for cows who suffer on dairy farms, Miley never stops letting her millions of fans know what they can do to make the world a kinder place.”
PETA also helped publicize a donation page set up by Cyrus’ fans for her 20th birthday to raise money for charity.
Nora, meanwhile, happily resides at Kindred Spirits Sanctuary in Florida.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank