Miley Cyrus Video Slammed as Too Sexy
1:28 pm, October 11th, 2010VIDEO/POLL
Miley Cyrus shot to fame starring on the family-friendly “Hannah Montana,” but a new music video that shows her in a different light is being blasted as too sexy.
Tim Winter of the Parents Television Council watchdog group is slamming the risque clip for “Who Owns My Heart,” a slick single from Cyrus’ new album, Can’t Be Tamed.
In the video (BELOW), a scantily clad Cyrus is shown waking up in bed before putting on makeup and heading out to a dance party filled with gyrating bodies.
“It is unfortunate that she would participate in such a sexualized video like this one,” says Winter. “It sends messages to her fan base that are diametrically opposed to everything she has done up to this point.”
“Miley built her fame and fortune entirely on the backs of young girls, and it saddens us that she seems so eager to distance herself from that fan base so rapidly.”
This isn’t the first time Cyrus, who was more demure while opening Xandros in Los Angeles last week, has been criticized for playing up her sexuality.
At last year’s Teen Choice Awards, a then-16-year-old Cyrus ignited controversy by performing a pole dance.
What do you think of the “Who Owns My Heart” video?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Pamela Anderson Debuts Super Short Haircut
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms