Cops Swarm Miley Cyrus’ Home With Guns Drawn After Call Claiming Invasion
12:33 am, August 2nd, 2012
Los Angeles police responded to what they believed was a home invasion at Miley Cyrus‘ property on Wednesday night, Gossip Cop confirms.
The LAPD tells Gossip Cop they received a 911 call just before 7 p.m., in which the unknown caller claimed there were intruders at the starlet’s home and shots had possibly been fired.
When the cops arrived — with their guns drawn — they found no such scene.
In fact, Cyrus wasn’t even home.
“We believed there was a crime in progress,” the LAPD spokesperson tells Gossip Cop.
The officer says it’s likely the call was actually from a “911 abuser,” someone who repeatedly calls in false reports of crimes — a punishable offense.
The department will be investigating the matter further.
A rep for Cyrus has not yet responded to a request for comment.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet