Miley Cyrus: I Wanted To Leave Liam Hemsworth Last February
7:49 pm, September 25th, 2013
The singer hints that a track on her upcoming Bangerz album called “Drive” may be about her tumultuous relationship with now ex-fiancé Liam Hemsworth.
“I wrote it while I was working on Valentine’s Day— emotionally it was such a hard time,” confesses Cyrus.
She goes on, “It is about needing to leave someone but not really wanting to completely cut yourself off from the relationship. It’s a time when you want to leave but you can’t. It’s also about moving on.”
Cyrus has moved on — to a full-throttled career.
“I feel like I’m in a different lane now. When it comes to critics, I have my blinders on and I don’t really feel like I have to compete with other pop artists,” she tells the magazine.
The former Disney star explains, “I never think, ‘oh this performance is going to make her look bad or out-shadow her’ either but if there is no competition, there would be no reason for any of us to show up to work.”
“At an office, everyone is trying to be boss. Pop music is the same. What I wear adds a factor that other girls can’t compete with,” adds Cyrus, who also tells the mag that “fashion is what separates me from everyone else.”
The songstress, who says she’s “OCD” about her career to the point where she can “scare some people,” looks back on her controversial VMAs performance with a sense of accomplishment — even if viewers didn’t get to see the full routine.
“I was trying to slap Robin [Thicke’s] a** but no one saw it! Believe me! MTV edited so much. They cut almost everything I did,” says Cyrus.
But, she adds, “I’m proud of that performance. I feel like music is really stale right now. I could have guessed what a lot of artists would have done that night.”
“The reaction to what I did has been insane. I think it was a breath of fresh air! For the people that don’t get it, you weren’t meant to,” she tells the mag.
Cyrus’ full interview hits newsstands October 7.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank