Mila Kunis Called Anti-Semitic Slur By Ukrainian Politician
12:08 pm, December 21st, 2012
Mila Kunis has been targeted with an anti-Semitic slur by a politician in the actress’ native Ukraine.
In a Facebook post, Igor Miroshnichenko reportedly referred to Kunis as a “zhydovka,” which translates to “dirty Jewess.”
The term, which Miroshnichenko apparently used to imply that Kunis is not a true Ukrainian, has been used as an anti-Jewish epithet in the region for decades.
In response, the Simon Wiesenthal Center has sent a letter to Ukraine’s prime minister expressing “outrage and indignation” over the use of “zhydovka,” which was “invoked by the Nazis and their collaborators as they rounded up the Jews to murder them at Babi Yar and in the death camps.”
“It is a tragedy that even after the Holocaust and the demise of the Soviet Union such hatred and anti-Semitism is still a force in the mainstream of your county,” reads the letter, which asks that measures be taken “to defeat the xenophobic forces that threaten your democracy.”
Kunis’ family moved to the United States when she was seven years old.
She has not commented on the Miroshnichenko situation.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man