Mike Jones Victim of Twitter Death Hoax
10:32 am, February 4th, 2012
Mike Jones appears to be today’s Twitter death hoax victim.
The rapper is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter users get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
It is 100% false.
Jones is alive and well.
Drake was victimized by similar tactics on Friday night.
Earlier this week, it was Soulja Boy’s turn.
Meanwhile, a totally fabricated rumor about Eddie Murphy “dying” in an accident was revived by rapper Joe Budden on Friday when he tweeted, “RIP Eddie Murphy.”
That, too, led to a frenzy of panic and speculation on Twitter.
Hopefully, this tiresome and unfunny trend is on the downward slope.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court