Mike Jones Victim of Twitter Death Hoax
10:32 am, February 4th, 2012
Mike Jones appears to be today’s Twitter death hoax victim.
The rapper is just the latest celebrity to be “killed” by a prank in which Twitter users get “RIP [Celebrity Name]” to trend.
It is 100% false.
Jones is alive and well.
Drake was victimized by similar tactics on Friday night.
Earlier this week, it was Soulja Boy’s turn.
Meanwhile, a totally fabricated rumor about Eddie Murphy “dying” in an accident was revived by rapper Joe Budden on Friday when he tweeted, “RIP Eddie Murphy.”
That, too, led to a frenzy of panic and speculation on Twitter.
Hopefully, this tiresome and unfunny trend is on the downward slope.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Lindsay Lohan Soaks Up Some Florida Sun
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Niall Horan Gets Dream Date With Katy Perry?