Michelle Williams Wows as Marilyn Monroe in Vogue [PHOTOS]
10:57 am, September 13th, 2011PHOTOS
Williams reveals she was incredibly daunted by playing such an iconic figure in the film, which centers around Monroe’s time shooting The Prince and the Showgirl, but says, “As soon as I finished the script, I knew that I wanted to do it.”
To prepare for the role, the Williams spent six months immersing herself in all things Monroe.
“I’d go to bed every night with a stack of books next to me,” she says. “And I’d fall asleep to movies of her. It was like when you were a kid and you’d put a book under your pillow hoping you’d get it by osmosis.”
The private star also opens up about how she and her six-year-old daughter Matilda slowly overcame the grief of Heath Ledger‘s death, saying, “Three years ago, it felt like we didn’t have anything, and now my life — our life — has kind of repaired itself.”
But despite time’s healing, Ledger’s passing has fundamentally changed the way Williams looks at life.
“[His death] changed how I see the world and how I interact on a daily basis,” she explains. “It’s changed the parent I am… It’s changed the kind of work that I really want to do. It’s become the lens through which I see life — that it’s all impermanent.”
The magazine hits newsstands on September 20.
Check out the stunning photos below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?