Michelle Duggar Suffers Miscarriage of Twentieth Child
5:10 pm, December 8th, 2011
Michelle Duggar has suffered a miscarriage while pregnant with her twentieth child.
During a routine check-up on Thursday, a doctor informed the star of TLC‘s “19 Kids and Counting” that she had lost the baby.
Duggar was in her second trimester.
She and her husband Jim Bob are planning to hold a funeral service for the unborn baby.
Jim Bob tells Gossip Cop in a statement, “Earlier today at a routine doctor’s appointment, Michelle and I received the sad news that we lost the baby. Michelle is resting comfortably at home with the support of the entire family.”
“We are grateful for all the thoughts and prayers, but ask for privacy during this difficult time.”
After suffering a previous miscarriage (and believing birth control had caused the tragedy), Michelle Duggar went off the contraceptive and “decided to allow God to determine the number of children” she would have.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet