Oprah “Inspired” Michaele Salahi to Become a Singer?
6:52 pm, May 11th, 2011
In a piece titled, “Michaele Salahi releases single inspired by Oprah,” the Washington Post reports that Salahi has “launched a new career as a pop princess” with the single, “Bump It,” and her “inspiration” for becoming a recording artist is none other than Oprah Winfrey.
The paper then quotes a press release from the former “Real Housewives of DC” star: “Michaele Salahi was inspired to do something with her voice, when she was back stage with Grammy award winner Bebe Winans and television host Oprah Winfrey at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. during the inauguration of President Barack Obama. It was a defining moment backstage when Oprah told Michaele, ‘Wow, you have an amazing voice!’”
Wow, fact-check much, Washington Post?
It’s a lovely, self-serving anecdote… but it’s not true.
Winfrey’s rep tells Gossip Cop, “Oprah briefly met Ms. Salahi backstage at the Kennedy Center after an Oprah Show taping in January 2009. However, there’s absolutely no truth to the report that they discussed Ms. Salahi’s vocal abilities.”
Like Salahi, this Washington Post story also crashes.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Accidentally Posts Pic Of Her Old Nose
- Is Blake Lively Trying To Revive Her Career?
- '90s Hairstyles We Thought Were Absolutely Cool
- What Are Celebs Saying About The Grammy Nominations?
- Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick's Crazy College Party
- Kelly Rowland Addresses Engagement Rumors
- Where Did Jim Carrey Get His Comedic Roots?
- 13 Most Surprising Celebrity Couples
- Kim Kardashian Addresses eBay Auction Donation Controversy
- Kardashian Family Xmas Kards Through the Years