Oprah “Inspired” Michaele Salahi to Become a Singer?
6:52 pm, May 11th, 2011
In a piece titled, “Michaele Salahi releases single inspired by Oprah,” the Washington Post reports that Salahi has “launched a new career as a pop princess” with the single, “Bump It,” and her “inspiration” for becoming a recording artist is none other than Oprah Winfrey.
The paper then quotes a press release from the former “Real Housewives of DC” star: “Michaele Salahi was inspired to do something with her voice, when she was back stage with Grammy award winner Bebe Winans and television host Oprah Winfrey at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. during the inauguration of President Barack Obama. It was a defining moment backstage when Oprah told Michaele, ‘Wow, you have an amazing voice!’”
Wow, fact-check much, Washington Post?
It’s a lovely, self-serving anecdote… but it’s not true.
Winfrey’s rep tells Gossip Cop, “Oprah briefly met Ms. Salahi backstage at the Kennedy Center after an Oprah Show taping in January 2009. However, there’s absolutely no truth to the report that they discussed Ms. Salahi’s vocal abilities.”
Like Salahi, this Washington Post story also crashes.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Troublemaking Brandi Glanville Complains About Housewife Fans Hating Her
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- Which Celebrity Gives Back The Most?
- Cameron Diaz Gets Honest About Her Bad Skin