Michael Phelps Joins Golf Channel Show The Haney Project
7:25 pm, August 11th, 2012
Michael Phelps is trading the pool for a putter.
The 18-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer has signed on to the Golf Channel show “The Haney Project,” in which he’ll be the star student of Hank Haney, onetime coach of Tiger Woods.
Phelps’ next gig was announced on Saturday.
“I have traveled the world through swimming, but really haven’t had an opportunity to experience the world through my travels,” said the Olympic great in a statement. “As I enter this next chapter of my life, I think I will be able to shift my competitiveness to anything I put my mind to and golf is one of the things I want to focus on.”
Phelps added, “If I have a goal of dropping a certain amount of shots, or working on my short game or putting, those things are going to keep me motivated and fire me up and keep me excited.”
He continued, “I want to play all the world’s great golf courses, but I’d like to play them well. I’m excited about this project with Golf Channel and I’m looking forward to working with Hank and see what we can do together on the golf course.”
Episodes will follow Phelps in one-on-one golf instruction and playing courses around the world on his own.
It will start airing next February.
Previous seasons of the show have featured Charles Barkley, Ray Romano and Adam Levine.
During the London Games, Phelps became the most decorated Olympian in history, ending his career with an astounding 18 golds and 22 overall medals in swimming.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'