Michael Jackson furniture sale to take place in June
7:32 am, March 12th, 2010
Before Michael Jackson‘s scheduled “This Is It” concerts, the King of Pop had 22 custom-designed pieces of furniture made for the Kent, England home, where he intended to stay. Now the furniture is up for auction.
Among the regal pieces made for the King of Pop were a leopard-print chair with ostrich feather trim (approximately $18,500), two velvet armchairs embroidered with doubled-headed gold eagles (approximately $60,000), a gilded red velvet sofa that seats nine (approximately $150,000), and a gilded wood writing desk with mother of pearl inlay (approximately $120,000).
The Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas will have the furniture on display from June 14 – 25 before the pieces are sold on June 25.
Part of the proceeds from the auction will benefit MusiCares, which provides healthcare for struggling musicians, and Joshua’s Heart, which combats world hunger.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for updates!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- The Biggest Celebrity Hypocrites
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- 14 Iconic Hairstyles Made Popular By Celebrities
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress