Michael Douglas: “The Tumor is Gone”
3:34 pm, January 10th, 2011
In an interview scheduled to air tomorrow on “Today,” the Oscar-winning actor talks about the “wild six-month ride” since his diagnosis, the difficulties of treatment, the role played by his family and friends, his future in movies and more.
“I feel good, relieved. The tumor is gone,” says Douglas. “But, you know, I have to check out on a monthly basis now to maintain.”
After telling Lauer that he plans to resume acting and get ready for a Liberace biopic, Douglas says, “I think the odds are with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer that I’ve got it beat.”
His wife Catherine Zeta-Jones and young children were especially vital to Douglas’ recovery. He says the cancer experience allows you to “just really, really appreciate what’s important in life.”
“And we’ve had a big celebration these last couple of days when I found out the tumor’s gone,” adds Douglas.
As much as his loved ones’ support helped get him through the scare, the tabloid media’s fixation on Douglas’ mortality left him upset.
“There was sort of a macabre enjoyment out of sort of watching me go down there for a while I felt by the paparazzi,” he recounts.
The full interview is scheduled to air on “Dateline NBC” on January 23.
Gossip Cop is thrilled to hear about Douglas’ positive prognosis.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?