Michael Douglas to Letterman: Cancer “caused by alcohol”
8:15 pm, August 31st, 2010
And he tells the talk show host that though he’s staring at an “eight-week struggle,” he’s feeling confident about his recovery.
“You’ve never looked better to me, and this proves that you’re a tough guy, for God’s sakes,” said Letterman to much applause.
Douglas replied, “Let’s just say … I’m pretty lit up right now.”
After being checked for what Douglas felt was a sore throat, it was discovered that he had stage-four cancer which, as the actor said, is “intense.”
According to Douglas, since the cancer is still above the neck, he has an 80 percent or better chance for a full recovery.
When Letterman asked what could have contributed to his condition, Douglas acknowledged that he used to smoke and drink. “This particular type of cancer,” said Douglas, “is caused by alcohol and drinking.”
A concerned Letterman asked in earnest, “Can I do something for you?” to which Douglas responded, ”Ahh, give me a hug.”
The interview airs later tonight.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Get Taylor Swift's Floral Frock For Less
- OC Star Gets Engaged To A Gossip Girl!
- Kanye West at Philly's Morning Show