Michael Douglas is Optimistic About Recovery and Plans to Play ‘Liberace’
9:47 am, November 30th, 2010
Michael Douglas isn’t just eager to beat cancer – he’s also ready to go back on camera.
The actor plans to play the title role in “Liberace,” a biopic from Steven Soderbergh that is set to start shooting this spring.
Despite constant, ugly tabloid speculation about his health, Douglas and his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones have been active, taking their children to Disney World and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in recent days.
He’s also spent time growing closer to his iconic father, Kirk Douglas, who – during an extended stay in New York – visited Michael daily after his diagnosis.
Doctors have told Douglas there is an 80% cure rate for his cancer.
In January, he will learn whether he’s cancer-free.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair