Magazine: Michael Douglas “Gay Shocker!”
12:09 pm, March 20th, 2013
The cover of the new National Enquirer claims to have a “Michael Douglas Gay Shocker!”
According to the tabloid, the Oscar winner has a “twisted secret he’s hiding” from Catherine Zeta-Jones.
What is it?!
The Enquirer alleges that Douglas is “consumed with guilt over his gay half brother Eric, who was brutalized for years by their father Kirk and shunned by Michael because neither star could deal with his sexuality.”
In the wake of Eric’s 2004 drug overdose death, says the tabloid, guilt supposed “gnawed” at Douglas and “that’s what drove the macho actor to take the role of flamboyant gay showman Liberace in the highly touted HBO movie ‘Behind the Candelabra.’”
“Michael is haunted by his brother’s death, always asking himself, ‘How could I have saved him?’” explains an Enquirer source. “That’s why he took the part of Liberace. He did it for Eric. It’s his way of making amends.”
No, it’s not.
Douglas took the Liberace part “because the film’s fantastic,” a source close to the actor tells Gossip Cop, adding that it has “nothing to do with Eric.”
Meanwhile, a rep for Douglas calls the Enquirer report “so pathetic.”
That’s exactly how we’d describe a tabloid’s bizarre decision to sensationalize a casting choice as a “gay shocker” and “twisted secret.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank