Magazine: Michael Douglas “Gay Shocker!”
12:09 pm, March 20th, 2013
The cover of the new National Enquirer claims to have a “Michael Douglas Gay Shocker!”
According to the tabloid, the Oscar winner has a “twisted secret he’s hiding” from Catherine Zeta-Jones.
What is it?!
The Enquirer alleges that Douglas is “consumed with guilt over his gay half brother Eric, who was brutalized for years by their father Kirk and shunned by Michael because neither star could deal with his sexuality.”
In the wake of Eric’s 2004 drug overdose death, says the tabloid, guilt supposed “gnawed” at Douglas and “that’s what drove the macho actor to take the role of flamboyant gay showman Liberace in the highly touted HBO movie ‘Behind the Candelabra.’”
“Michael is haunted by his brother’s death, always asking himself, ‘How could I have saved him?’” explains an Enquirer source. “That’s why he took the part of Liberace. He did it for Eric. It’s his way of making amends.”
No, it’s not.
Douglas took the Liberace part “because the film’s fantastic,” a source close to the actor tells Gossip Cop, adding that it has “nothing to do with Eric.”
Meanwhile, a rep for Douglas calls the Enquirer report “so pathetic.”
That’s exactly how we’d describe a tabloid’s bizarre decision to sensationalize a casting choice as a “gay shocker” and “twisted secret.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'