Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Split, Claims National Enquirer
2:29 pm, February 20th, 2013
In a sensational cover story, the supermarket tabloid alleges the Hollywood power couple had a “hush-hush trial separation” after their 12-year marriage “buckled under the pressure of dealing with Michael’s cancer battle, his druggie son Cameron’s incarceration and Catherine’s struggle with bipolar II disorder.”
“Sources” tell the Enquirer that Douglas “moved out” of their home when their problems peaked.
According to the mag’s “insider,” the actor “stayed in a nearby rental property owned by a multimillionaire pal.”
The Enquirer tries to support its bogus allegation by claiming that Zeta-Jones skipped a special screening of father-in-law Kirk Douglas’ Spartacus in August and the family dinner that followed.
“I think [Michael] felt completely betrayed that Catherine didn’t show up,’” explains a source for the tabloid. “But maybe she was upset with him and wanted to make a point by snubbing him on this special family evening.”
And why is the Enquirer only reporting on the “trial separation” now, months after Douglas allegedly moved out?
Because it’s not true.
There was no “trial separation” — just some misinformed sources and an easily duped magazine with a history of printing fabrications about Douglas, including the October 2010 prediction that he had three months to live.
How’d that report turn out, by the way?
As for the lame claim that he and Zeta-Jones split over the summer, a rep calls the Enquirer cover story “not true.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?