WATCH: Micah Johnson Overcomes Speech Impediment to Wow Judges on “Idol”
9:55 pm, January 30th, 2013VIDEO
Micah Johnson, who was left with a significant speech impediment after a medical procedure gone wrong, shocked the judges on Wednesday’s “American Idol.”
The 24-year-old explained that his doctor hit some nerves while removing his tonsils, seriously altering his ability to speak.
But as Johnson showed in his audition, his singing voice remains as incredible as ever.
“This is the biggest fake-out I think we’ve ever had,” said Randy Jackson, admitting, ”We were leaning in because we couldn’t even hear you speak, but then you open your mouth and you sing like a bird.”
Nicki Minaj noted, “As soon as you start singing, you transform into a beautiful voice. Absolutely, without a doubt ready for the competition.”
Added Mariah Carey, ”I was moved by your story, but even if you didn’t have that story, I still would’ve been moved by your voice.”
Check out the amazing video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet