WATCH: Micah Johnson Overcomes Speech Impediment to Wow Judges on “Idol”
9:55 pm, January 30th, 2013VIDEO
Micah Johnson, who was left with a significant speech impediment after a medical procedure gone wrong, shocked the judges on Wednesday’s “American Idol.”
The 24-year-old explained that his doctor hit some nerves while removing his tonsils, seriously altering his ability to speak.
But as Johnson showed in his audition, his singing voice remains as incredible as ever.
“This is the biggest fake-out I think we’ve ever had,” said Randy Jackson, admitting, ”We were leaning in because we couldn’t even hear you speak, but then you open your mouth and you sing like a bird.”
Nicki Minaj noted, “As soon as you start singing, you transform into a beautiful voice. Absolutely, without a doubt ready for the competition.”
Added Mariah Carey, ”I was moved by your story, but even if you didn’t have that story, I still would’ve been moved by your voice.”
Check out the amazing video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game