WATCH: Micah Johnson Overcomes Speech Impediment to Wow Judges on “Idol”
9:55 pm, January 30th, 2013VIDEO
Micah Johnson, who was left with a significant speech impediment after a medical procedure gone wrong, shocked the judges on Wednesday’s “American Idol.”
The 24-year-old explained that his doctor hit some nerves while removing his tonsils, seriously altering his ability to speak.
But as Johnson showed in his audition, his singing voice remains as incredible as ever.
“This is the biggest fake-out I think we’ve ever had,” said Randy Jackson, admitting, ”We were leaning in because we couldn’t even hear you speak, but then you open your mouth and you sing like a bird.”
Nicki Minaj noted, “As soon as you start singing, you transform into a beautiful voice. Absolutely, without a doubt ready for the competition.”
Added Mariah Carey, ”I was moved by your story, but even if you didn’t have that story, I still would’ve been moved by your voice.”
Check out the amazing video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting