Mia Farrow Calls Out Naomi Campbell Over Blood Diamonds
11:11 am, August 9th, 2010
Celebrities were pitted against each other in the war crimes trial of former Liberian president Charles Taylor on Monday when Mia Farrow challenged the veracity of Naomi Campbell‘s testimony regarding alleged “blood diamonds” given to Campbell.
Last week, Campbell took the witness stand and claimed she’d received “dirty-looking stones” after a 1997 dinner party, but had no idea they were tied to Taylor or the violence behind diamonds-for-arms dealing in Africa.
Today, Farrow disputes Campbell’s claim of naivete, saying the supermodel knew full well the source of the “stones,” and even bragged about them the following morning.
“Naomi Campbell joined us and before she even sat down she recounted the events of the [prior] evening,” the actress testified.
“She said that in the night she had been awakened. Some men were knocking at her door. They were sent by Charles Taylor and they had given her a huge diamond.”
“Naomi Campbell said they came from Charles Taylor,” Farrow definitively declared .
Taylor has denied trafficking in the illegally mined diamonds.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Scandalous Dancing With the Stars' Hookups
- Selena Never Focused On Jelena Attention
- 'Dem Babies': 10 Celeb Kids That Are Two Years Old
- Chris Brown's Dad Dislikes Rihanna
- Blonde Vs. Brunette Beyonce
- Is Kris Jenner Finally Ready to Leave Bruce?
- 6 Celebrities Who Look Beautiful Without Makeup
- 11 Celebrities Who Are Aging Backwards
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye