Metallica Kicks Volcano’s Ash
9:45 am, April 21st, 2010
Metallica boarded a bus to overcome both the volcano that’s shut down Europe and a tragic chapter in the band’s own history.
Metal gods James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Lars Ulrich, and Robert Trujillo embarked on a 28-hour journey over land and sea to get from Oslo, Norway to the Latvian capital of Riga after ash from last week’s Icelandic volcano eruption wreaked havoc on air travel.
It was the first time in more than two decades Metallica traveled by bus.
Bassist Cliff Burton was killed in September 1986 when the band’s bus flipped near Dorarp, Sweden.
“When we boarded the bus again this week and had to travel overnight, I realized that those bad memories are still here,” said Hammett. “I still haven’t overcome the fear of buses. But the show must go on.”
The bus took Metallica from Oslo to Stockholm, where the band boarded a ship bound for Riga, where it performed before continuing on to Vilnius, Lithuania.
Vowed Hammett, “It would take a really great force to stop us.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- Is Lil Mama TLC's Permanent Left Eye Replacement?