REPORT: Meredith Vieira Getting Ready to Leave “Today” Show
6:10 pm, April 5th, 2011
Meredith Vieira is reportedly expected to step down from the “Today” show when her contract expires later this year.
According to multiple reports, the co-host has tired of the brutal schedule and wishes to spend more time with her husband Richard Cohen, who suffers from multiple sclerosis.
Officially, NBC News is staying mum on the matter.
A rep for the show tells Gossip Cop, “The Today show anchors are currently under contract and firmly in place.”
Vieira has previously hinted at exiting, and signed a short-term contract when it was time to renew with the network last year.
Vieira took over for Katie Couric in 2006.
“Today” co-host Matt Lauer still has more time left on his contract and is not expected to leave anytime soon.
TVGuide.com was the first to report the development.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down