REPORT: Meredith Vieira Getting Ready to Leave “Today” Show
6:10 pm, April 5th, 2011
Meredith Vieira is reportedly expected to step down from the “Today” show when her contract expires later this year.
According to multiple reports, the co-host has tired of the brutal schedule and wishes to spend more time with her husband Richard Cohen, who suffers from multiple sclerosis.
Officially, NBC News is staying mum on the matter.
A rep for the show tells Gossip Cop, “The Today show anchors are currently under contract and firmly in place.”
Vieira has previously hinted at exiting, and signed a short-term contract when it was time to renew with the network last year.
Vieira took over for Katie Couric in 2006.
“Today” co-host Matt Lauer still has more time left on his contract and is not expected to leave anytime soon.
TVGuide.com was the first to report the development.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Paul Walker Jokes Around In Paparazzi's Last Footage
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair