“Melrose Place” Actress Amy Locane in Fatal Drunk Driving
5:04 pm, June 28th, 2010
“Melrose Place” actress Amy Locane has been charged with killing a woman in a drunk driving accident.
Law enforcement officials say Locane was heading north on Cherry Hill Road in Montgomery, NJ on Sunday night when she struck another car’s passenger side as it turned into a driveway.
Helen Seeman was pronounced dead at the scene shortly before 10:00 PM. Her husband, who was driving the car, is in critical condition.
According to an affidavit, Locane told police she had consumed several glasses of wine. Prior to the fatal accident, the actress reportedly rear ended a different vehicle at a Princeton intersection and fled. Authorities say the other driver saw her swerving and knocking over mailboxes before the Cherry Hill Road collision.
The actress faces 5 to 10 years in prison if convicted. Bail has yet to be set.
Locane also starred in films including Cry-Baby, School Ties and Secretary.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Bethenny and Jason Hoppy's Daughter Ordered To Undergo Evaluation
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties