MAG: “Diva” Melissa McCarthy Wants Off Mike & Molly, Feels She’s “Too Big For TV”
3:48 pm, October 21st, 2012
“Plus-size funnylady Melissa McCarthy thinks she’s too big for TV — and insiders say she wants off of ‘Mike and Molly,’” begins a piece from the National Enquirer.
McCarthy, “bolstered by her recent success on the big screen,” says the mag, has turned into a “raging diva” on the set of her CBS show.
“Melissa’s head has swollen to epic proportions,” alleges a so-called “Hollywood source” for the tab, who claims the Emmy winner allegedly gripes about “the quality of the scripts” and “the direction the show is going in.”
It wasn’t always that way, however, says the “source,” who notes McCarthy “came back this season with a huge chip on her shoulder, and it’s creating a lot of tension and bad feelings on the set.”
The National Enquirer attributes McCarthy’s alleged attitude to her Outstanding Actress in a Comedy win for “Mike & Molly” at the Emmys last September and the critical acclaim of Bridesmaids, which came out in May of last year.
“Returning to the daily grind of filming a TV show” — which McCarthy did for a whole year before this story’s chronology of alleged bad behavior — is “apparently tough for her to swallow,” says the tabloid, which adds that she thinks “TV is holding her back from superstardom.”
The supposed insider further claims that McCarthy “wants out of ‘Mike & Molly,’” and even “approached producers to see if could get out of her contract or even buy her way out.”
It’s a lovely little tale, but entirely inaccurate.
A real source close to McCarthy assures Gossip Cop that the Enquirer’s story is “absurd and completely untrue.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship