Melissa McCarthy Called “Tractor-Sized,” “Hippo” in Nasty Review of Identity Thief
4:29 pm, February 7th, 2013
Melissa McCarthy stars with Jason Bateman in the new film Identity Thief, and while it’s fair not to like the movie, longtime New York Observer reviewer Rex Reed attacks the actress’s weight throughout his scathing piece.
After calling the film “trashy” and a “chunk of junk,” Reed notes that McCarthy’s thief character is “tractor-sized” and “humongous.”
But that’s not all.
He also refers to the popular comedic star as a “female hippo.”
And if you didn’t think it was personal, Reed adds that McCarthy is “a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.”
Tell us what you think of the reviewer’s comments below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- Can You Believe These Stars Are The Same Age?
- Did Bieber Fever Send Selena to the Hospital?
- Star Shocker: They Went to Rehab?!