Melissa McCarthy Called “Tractor-Sized,” “Hippo” in Nasty Review of Identity Thief
4:29 pm, February 7th, 2013
Melissa McCarthy stars with Jason Bateman in the new film Identity Thief, and while it’s fair not to like the movie, longtime New York Observer reviewer Rex Reed attacks the actress’s weight throughout his scathing piece.
After calling the film “trashy” and a “chunk of junk,” Reed notes that McCarthy’s thief character is “tractor-sized” and “humongous.”
But that’s not all.
He also refers to the popular comedic star as a “female hippo.”
And if you didn’t think it was personal, Reed adds that McCarthy is “a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.”
Tell us what you think of the reviewer’s comments below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What Are Diddy's Kids Doing To Help The Needy?