Melissa McCarthy Called “Tractor-Sized,” “Hippo” in Nasty Review of Identity Thief
4:29 pm, February 7th, 2013
Melissa McCarthy stars with Jason Bateman in the new film Identity Thief, and while it’s fair not to like the movie, longtime New York Observer reviewer Rex Reed attacks the actress’s weight throughout his scathing piece.
After calling the film “trashy” and a “chunk of junk,” Reed notes that McCarthy’s thief character is “tractor-sized” and “humongous.”
But that’s not all.
He also refers to the popular comedic star as a “female hippo.”
And if you didn’t think it was personal, Reed adds that McCarthy is “a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success.”
Tell us what you think of the reviewer’s comments below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents