CLAIM: Melissa McCarthy “Banned From Losing Weight” By Mike & Molly Bosses
11:52 am, November 22nd, 2012
Melissa McCarthy has been “banned from losing weight” by “Mike & Molly” producers, reports the National Enquirer.
The tabloid claims the actress “desperately wants to lose weight, but her bosses at CBS say ‘fat is funny’ — and they want her to stay exactly the way she is!”
According to a so-called “source” for the mag, “The way the network and producers look at it, the show’s funny because she’s fat — and it wouldn’t be if she wasn’t.”
That statement is both ignorant and insulting to McCarthy as an actress.
Anyhow, the alleged “insider” goes on to reveal, “She is contractually bound to stay tubby.”
“Melissa would love to drop 40 pounds and focus on a career in films… but her bosses there are refusing to let her lose weight,” adds the supposed source.
Not. At. All.
For starters, McCarthy is NOT trying to leave “Mike & Molly,” as the Enquirer wrongly reported last month.
And the claim that CBS has forbidden her from losing weight is similarly FALSE.
A rep for McCarthy tells Gossip Cop there is “no truth or merit” to the mag’s claims.
Too bad the Enquirer has not been banned from printing such inaccurate stories.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank