Melissa Gorga: My Book Does NOT Promote Marital Rape (VIDEO)
5:14 pm, September 28th, 2013VIDEO
Melissa Gorga is defending her book against charges that it promotes marital rape.
The “Real Housewives of New Jersey” star has gotten backlash for certain parts of “Love, Italian Style: The Secrets of My Hot and Happy Marriage,” including a quote that critics allege comes close to condoning non-consensual sex.
In the book, Gorga writes, “Men, I know you think your woman isn’t the type who wants to be taken. But trust me, she is. Every girl wants to get her hair pulled once in a while. If your wife says ‘no,’ turn her around, and rip her clothes off. She wants to be dominated.”
In an interview with E! News, Gorga sets the record straight.
“That is so awful. That word [rape] is so disgusting to me, and that’s horrible,” says the reality TV star.
She explains, “It’s just about the playfulness, it’s about teasing… it’s about being aggressive and trying new things in the bedroom.”
Watch her full explanation below, and tell us what you think.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired