Injured Melissa Gilbert Skips DWTS Result Show After Doctor Orders “Rest Day”
9:12 pm, April 10th, 2012VIDEO
Melissa Gilbert was missing from Thursday’s “Dancing with the Stars” result show.
The actress fell ill during Wednesday’s episode, after she apparently hit her head while dancing the paso doble with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
Gilbert, who was taken to the hospital before the live broadcast had even finished, later revealed on Twitter that she suffered from whiplash and a concussion.
But the former “Little House on the Prairie” star opted not to participate in Thursday’s show after her doctor told her to take a “rest day.”
“She’s a fighter, she’s a trooper,” Chmerkovskiy told host Tom Bergeron shortly before it was revealed the pair was safe from elimination.
Chmerkovskiy said he was looking forward to continuing on the show, but joked that Gilbert is “a little sedated so she doesn’t know what she’s looking forward to.”
Check out video of Gilbert’s accident below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank