Melissa Gilbert Suffers Concussion & Whiplash During DWTS Routine (UPDATED)
10:12 pm, April 9th, 2012VIDEO
Melissa Gilbert was taken to the hospital Monday evening after injuring herself on “Dancing with the Stars.”
The actress, who performed a paso doble routine with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy earlier in the night, was noticably missing when the whole cast came out at the end of the show.
Host Tom Bergeron announced Gilbert had gone to the hospital to get checked out, although the nature of her injury was not revealed until Gilbert herself tweeted an update.
“I’m alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of,” wrote Gilbert.
She then expressed gratitude, writing, “@MaksimC you are my champion. I adore you. @GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!”
Gilbert and Chmerkovskiy’s performance to the White Stripes‘ “Conquest” was called their best of the season by the judges, earning them 22 points.
The former “Little House on the Prairie” star gave no indication during or after the performance that she had hurt herself, but left for the hospital before the show ended.
Check out video of Gilbert’s performance below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Drake Pulls Out All The Stops For Rihanna
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Britney Spears' Weird Response To Questions About Boyfriend
- Wayne Marshall Enjoys Daddy Duty
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit