Melissa Etheridge Announces She’ll Marry Linda Wallem After Supreme Court Rulings
2:01 pm, June 26th, 2013
The singer broke the engagement news on Twitter.
She wrote, “I look forward to exercising my American civil liberties and getting fully, completely and legally married this year to my true love of over three years, Linda Wallem.”
In an interview on CNN, Etheridge added that she intended to wed in California, the state whose Proposition 8 ban on gay marriage was overturned by the nation’s highest court.
“Love is love and America is beautiful… I’m proud to be an American,” she said.
Etheridge separated from longtime partner Tammy Lynn Michaels in 2010.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!