Melissa Etheridge Announces She’ll Marry Linda Wallem After Supreme Court Rulings
2:01 pm, June 26th, 2013
The singer broke the engagement news on Twitter.
She wrote, “I look forward to exercising my American civil liberties and getting fully, completely and legally married this year to my true love of over three years, Linda Wallem.”
In an interview on CNN, Etheridge added that she intended to wed in California, the state whose Proposition 8 ban on gay marriage was overturned by the nation’s highest court.
“Love is love and America is beautiful… I’m proud to be an American,” she said.
Etheridge separated from longtime partner Tammy Lynn Michaels in 2010.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired