Melanie Amaro Signs with L.A. Reid’s Epic Records
12:36 pm, January 3rd, 2012
Epic is part of the Sony Music empire, which guaranteed $5 million to the “X Factor” winner.
She’ll also star in a Pepsi commercial set to air during the Super Bowl in February.
Reid is thrilled to have Amaro with Epic.
“I joined The X Factor to be able to discover undeniable talent such as Melanie,” says the music exec. “I am pleased that she is now signed to Epic Records because I believe we have only scratched the surface on uncovering her talent and her inevitable journey to super-stardom.”
During the competition, Amaro was mentored by Reid’s rival judge, Simon Cowell, but Cowell is happy with her new deal.
“We all agreed that Epic would be the right fit for Melanie,” he says. “L.A. made it clear that he wanted the opportunity to work with her and with his track record, you can’t say no to that.”
Amaro plans to spend part of her fortune on a foot massager and a new house for her mother.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- 5 Celebrity Hairstyles Real Men Dig
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Chris Pine: Single and Ready to Mingle?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- 9 Random Celeb Beauty Lines You've Never Heard Of