Megan Young of Philippines Crowned Miss World 2013
4:02 pm, September 28th, 2013VIDEO
Megan Young of the Philippines has been crowned Miss World 2013.
The 23-year-old aspiring filmmaker won the international competition in Bali, Indonesia on Saturday amid protests by local Muslim groups who demonstrated against the skin-baring pageant.
Young was born in the United States but moved to the Philippines when she was 10 years old.
She’s appeared as a television host and in movies in her adopted country.
127 contestants competed for the crown, with Miss France Marine Lorphelin and Miss Ghana Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter, finishing second and third.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting