Megan Young of Philippines Crowned Miss World 2013
4:02 pm, September 28th, 2013VIDEO
Megan Young of the Philippines has been crowned Miss World 2013.
The 23-year-old aspiring filmmaker won the international competition in Bali, Indonesia on Saturday amid protests by local Muslim groups who demonstrated against the skin-baring pageant.
Young was born in the United States but moved to the Philippines when she was 10 years old.
She’s appeared as a television host and in movies in her adopted country.
127 contestants competed for the crown, with Miss France Marine Lorphelin and Miss Ghana Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter, finishing second and third.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?