Megan Young of Philippines Crowned Miss World 2013
4:02 pm, September 28th, 2013VIDEO
Megan Young of the Philippines has been crowned Miss World 2013.
The 23-year-old aspiring filmmaker won the international competition in Bali, Indonesia on Saturday amid protests by local Muslim groups who demonstrated against the skin-baring pageant.
Young was born in the United States but moved to the Philippines when she was 10 years old.
She’s appeared as a television host and in movies in her adopted country.
127 contestants competed for the crown, with Miss France Marine Lorphelin and Miss Ghana Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter, finishing second and third.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- John Mayer & Katy Perry's Romantic Photoshoot
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days