Megan Fox: I Never Said “I Would Not Trade My Place With An Unattractive Girl”
3:46 pm, March 30th, 2012
Megan Fox is hitting back at French magazine Jalouse, which in their April cover story quoted her as saying, “I live well with my image. I cannot complain. I would not trade my place with an unattractive girl.”
The Friends With Kids actress took to Facebook on Friday to clarify her statements, which were picked up widely and criticized by many observers.
She writes, ”Sigh. The actual comment, the context and its intention are grossly distorted and misrepresented here,” saying that the meaning of her words was lost in translation. “I gave this interview in English obviously. It was then translated to French and now back into English.”
Fox insists, “I’ve never made vapid self serving comments and in contradiction am uncontrollably self deprecating.”
Her explanation definitely carries some weight, as it’s obvious that the French-to-English translation was off in another part of the interview, where she was quoted as saying, “I hate taking pictures, I never watch them, otherwise I would have wanted to change everything. I prefer not to see any and trust the photographer, who knows his job.”
What do you think of Fox’s explanation?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- Brad Pitt Calls Angelina 'Heroic'