Megan Fox Joins Twitter Hours After “RIP” Death Hoax Trends
9:40 pm, January 3rd, 2013
Megan Fox has joined Twitter, hours after false rumors of her death became a worldwide trending topic on the social networking site.
The actress sent her first tweet late Thursday afternoon, not long after “RIP Megan Fox” trended based on a hoax from the disgusting prank site Global Associated News.
“I’m incredibly late to the party,” Fox wrote, ”but I’m here nonetheless, so what now?”
On Thursday night, she announced the account on her official Facebook page, writing, “Against my better judgment, I have finally joined Twitter.”
She continued, “Every possible version of my name is already in use so for now my Twitter handle is https://twitter.com/MeganFox516.”
Fox later changed her username to just @MeganFox.
It’s unclear if Fox’s decision to join had anything to with the death hoax, but it’s a striking coincidence regardless.
In June, Gossip Cop confirmed that a Twitter account supposedly belonging to Fox’s husband Brian Austin Green was, in fact, a fake.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z