Media outlets crash covering Brad Pitt motorcycle accident
6:43 pm, October 24th, 2009
Gossip Cop obviously doesn’t like it when the paparazzi take invasive pictures or dangerously chase celebrities, but sometimes they get unfairly blamed, and that happened earlier with a story involving Brad Pitt.
Today, The New York Daily News posted a story titled, “Brad Pitt hit by paparazzo while riding motorcycle in Los Angeles.” According to the article, which credited TMZ as the source, “Some ‘inglorious basterd’ tailing Brad Pitt as he rode his motorcycle in Los Angels hit the megastar, causing him to crash and fall… When a paparazzo hit Pitt from behind, the bike was thrust forward into another car, causing him to lose his balance.”
The story was picked up EVERYWHERE without independent corroboration.
Well, TMZ updated its story, after some more fact-checking, and reported instead, “We just spoke to someone who has seen video of the incident — and we’re told absolutely no one else was involved in the accident.”
The site explained, “We’re told Brad tried to maneuver his bike between a parked car and a car stopped at a red light, and his handlebars clipped the parked car… he lost control and fell over — and everything is fine.”
Hopefully other outlets will similarly correct this mistake. Gossip Cop is also happy to hear that Pitt is uninjured.
You might like:
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look