Matthew Schuler Blows Away Competition with Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” on Voice
11:11 pm, November 5th, 2013
Matthew Schuler gave an emotional and powerful performance of Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” on Tuesday’s ”The Voice” that blew away the competition and left Christina Aguilera beaming with pride.
The frontrunner — who amazed with his audition and later won against Will Champlin in last week’s knockout round — left the crowd screaming so loudly that the coaches had trouble giving their feedback.
“You know we’re friends, but I hate you so much. You make me so sick,” joked Cee Lo Green. “You didn’t pick me, you didn’t let me be your coach. And I just hate how much I love you, dude.”
Adam Levine admitted, “I share Cee Lo’s pain. Three hearts just broke, and of course all the other hearts you just pulled as well.”
“It makes me angry… I’m very upset with you because you’re not on my team,” said the Maroon 5 singer, adding that Schuler has what’s necessary to “take this thing all the way.”
And Blake Shelton looked back at his team in the audience, telling them, “This is the guy that we gotta look out for.”
“Man, what I’m gonna say? ‘Forget you,’ man,” he said, referencing Green’s classic “F**k You” kiss-off song.
Aguilera noted, “They say they don’t like you because they LOVE you.”
The mentor went on to praise Schuler’s “charisma” and emotion.”
“You came in like a wrecking ball, and you smashed it,” said the Grammy winner. ”America, did you just see what I just saw? Vote for this guy!”
Aguilera’s five remaining singers will become three on Thursday’s results show.
Check out the video below, and tell us if you’re voting for Schuler!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court