Matthew Perry Opens Up About Addictions: “I Couldn’t Stop”
1:55 pm, July 2nd, 2013
Matthew Perry opens up in the new issue of People about the years he spent abusing alcohol and prescription pills.
The actor, who says his time on “Friends” overlapped with the worst of his addiction, shares that despite the “white hot flame of fame,” those years were incredibly “lonely.”
“I had a big problem with pills and alcohol, and I couldn’t stop,” he says.
Perry remembers that he was often “painfully hungover” during filming of the hit sitcom, until “things got so bad I couldn’t hide it and everybody knew.”
The problem wasn’t being “a massive party guy.” Instead, he says he would “come home, light some candles, have a drink, watch a movie that was slightly over my head and label myself something ridiculous like a misunderstood artist.”
While he admits he used to be “a hopelessly narcissistic guy,” these days Perry is helping other addicts, having turned his Malibu mansion into a sober-living home called Perry House.
As for his plans for the future, Perry would like to start a family.
“I think I’d make a great dad and I think shortly I’d make a great husband,” he says.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Proof That Rihanna & Drake Are Officially Together
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- What Happened to Miley Cyrus' Eyebrows?
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs