Matthew McConaughey ‘Pissed Off’ About Lance Armstrong, Hopeful For Fresh Start
6:41 pm, January 19th, 2013VIDEO
Matthew McConaughey says he was “pissed off” and “mad” when he first learned about his close friend Lance Armstrong’s admission that he used performance-enhancing drugs and lied about it, but “happy” that the confession could allow the disgraced cyclist to move on and start a new chapter in his life.
The Magic Mike star spoke about the situation with MTV News on Saturday at the Sundance Film Festival.
McConaughey explained that his initial reaction to the Armstrong news was to take the betrayal “personally,” but that he’s since realized the web of lies Armstrong constructed was “impersonal” for the biker.
The actor expressed hope that Armstrong would be in a better place after unburdening himself of the deception and enduring his punishment.
“He’s gonna take a lot of daggers and a lot of spears, and he [deserves it],” noted McConaughey. “Some people are never going to forgive him. And that’s OK.”
McConaughey referred to Oprah Winfrey using the line, “The truth will set you free,” adding, “Yeah, but she forgot one part: It’s miserable in the beginning. And it’s gonna be miserable.”
Check out the video below and let us know what you think about McConaughey’s reaction.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids