TAB: Matthew McConaughey Was Forced to Pop the Question
5:31 pm, January 4th, 2012
The tabloid says the actor’s Christmas proposal to his longtime girlfriend only came after she gave him an ultimatum: “Marry me or no more kids!”
“Insiders” for the Enquirer claim McConaughey had been “begging” Alves, with whom he has two children, to add more kids to their family – but she allegedly “refused to agree until he popped the question.”
A so-called “friend” tells the magazine, “Matthew didn’t realize how serious she was about a wedding until she made it clear that she was not having more children until he proposed.”
“He’s sure that the engagement will convince her to have at least two more children over the next five years,” adds the Enquirer source.
Rather than simply accepting that The Wedding Planner star wanted to propose to his longtime girlfriend and mother of his children, the tabloid manufactured this wedding-for-babies scenario.
A source close to McConaughey tells Gossip Cop that this Enquirer story — like some of its previous tales — is completely untrue.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party