CLAIM: NBC in “Discussions” to “Replace” Matt Lauer on Today
11:45 am, March 1st, 2013
“As ‘Today’ ratings dive, word is that host Matt Lauer’s role is up for discussion,” claims the New York Daily News.
Citing a “a former NBC executive,” the paper says “that as the former number one morning show slips… replacing Matt Lauer is now seriously on the table.”
Um, why would a former NBC exec know anything about the network’s future plans?
In any case, the Daily News goes on to quote its “source,” as saying, “Their short-term solution is looking for new experts to replace some of the familiar faces that have been on the show forever. What they also need to do is hire someone to shake up everything and have the discussion about what to do with Matt.”
NBC parent company Comcast supposedly wants to bring in a new executive producer to revamp the show, but its best-known anchor is allegedly standing in the way.
“They are having a lot of trouble finding anyone until the network makes the one change that needs to be made – replacing Matt Lauer,” alleges the paper’s tipster.
So, is NBC really planning to replace Lauer?
A rep tells us “there is absolutely no truth” to the Daily News’ claims.
Lauer, who inked a new long-term deal last April, is here to stay.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Best Black Celebrity Hairstyles
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Selena Gomez's Hairstyle Evolution