Matt Lauer Getting Fired From “Today Show,” Claims Magazine
4:57 pm, November 20th, 2012
Matt Lauer is “getting the boot” from the “Today Show,” according to the National Enquirer.
The magazine insists the longtime host is set to be fired “after years of clashing with his co-anchors, and with the NBC morning show’s ratings tanking.”
“It’s just desserts. Matt is finally getting what he deserves!” declares a so-called “insider” for the Enquirer.
According to the tabloid’s source, “Everyone has turned against him, and Matt is going to be ousted because he’s being blamed for the show’s collapse.”
The Enquirer even alleges that Al Roker is “secretly plotting to push Lauer aside, and will lobby” the show’s incoming executive producer for help.
“Matt and Al used to be good buddies — until Al found out Matt had been instrumental in [Ann Curry]‘s ouster,” explains a source for the mag. “They come across as friends on the air, but that’s all an act.”
Was it an “act” when NBC signed a giant new contract with Lauer in April?
Lauer is NOT being canned, despite constant speculation in the Enquirer and similar outlets to the contrary.
Stories of staff mutiny and bad blood between Lauer and Roker may make for good tabloid fodder, but it’s based on nothing.
“There is absolutely no truth to it,” a rep for the show tells Gossip Cop of the Enquirer report.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties