Matt Damon: Brad Pitt Called Me “Bastard” Because He’s Jealous Of My Privacy
4:40 pm, July 8th, 2013
The actor says that he feels fortunate that his marriage to Luciana Barroso, who isn’t a film star, means he can enjoy a level of calm that eludes his friend Brad Pitt.
“If you can control the celebrity side of celebrity, then it’s worth it,” explains Damon. “I look at Brad — and I have for years — and when I’m with him I see the intensity of that other side of it.”
He continues, “And the paparazzi and the insane level of aggression they have and their willingness to break the law and invade his space — well, I wonder about that trade.”
“I remember telling him that I walk my kids to school, and his face just fell,” recalls the Elysium star. “He was very kind, but he was like, ‘You bastard.’ Because he should be able to do that, too. And he can’t.”
Damon tells Esquire, “I got lucky. I fell in love with a civilian. Not an actress and not a famous actress at that. Because then the attention doesn’t double — it grows exponentially. Because then suddenly everybody wants to be in your bedroom. But I don’t really give them anything.”
“If I’m not jumping up and down on a bar, or lighting something on fire, or cheating on my wife, there’s not really any story to tell,” says the actor.
He adds, “They can try to stake me out, but they’re always going to get the same story — middle-aged married guy with four kids. So as long as that narrative doesn’t change too much, there’s no appetite for it.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?