Matt Bomer Fifty Shades of Grey Rumors Sparked by Fake Entertainment Weekly
11:19 am, July 26th, 2012
A fake Entertainment Weekly cover is leading many people to believe Matt Bomer has been picked to play Christian Grey in the upcoming movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey.
The image making the rounds online shows the actor accompanied by the line: “Fifty Shades of Grey: The wait is over. Matt Bomer talks about changing the white collar for a grey tie.”
Bomer, of course, stars on the television series “White Collar.”
But he has NOT been cast as Christian Grey.
The cover is 100% fake, and the film’s co-producer, Dana Brunetti, has again flatly stated that no casting decisions have been made.
“All of the rumors on #FiftyShades are just that – rumors,” tweets Brunetti. “No one has been cast in any role. We have to get a writer and director first.
Earlier this week, outlets falsely claimed Emma Watson was “in talks” for the lead role of Anastasia Steele.
When there’s actual casting news, Gossip Cop will have it.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party