Matt Bomer Fifty Shades of Grey Rumors Sparked by Fake Entertainment Weekly
11:19 am, July 26th, 2012
A fake Entertainment Weekly cover is leading many people to believe Matt Bomer has been picked to play Christian Grey in the upcoming movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey.
The image making the rounds online shows the actor accompanied by the line: “Fifty Shades of Grey: The wait is over. Matt Bomer talks about changing the white collar for a grey tie.”
Bomer, of course, stars on the television series “White Collar.”
But he has NOT been cast as Christian Grey.
The cover is 100% fake, and the film’s co-producer, Dana Brunetti, has again flatly stated that no casting decisions have been made.
“All of the rumors on #FiftyShades are just that – rumors,” tweets Brunetti. “No one has been cast in any role. We have to get a writer and director first.
Earlier this week, outlets falsely claimed Emma Watson was “in talks” for the lead role of Anastasia Steele.
When there’s actual casting news, Gossip Cop will have it.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Naked Truth: Celebrities Who've Posed Nude
- Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina's Shocking Weight Loss
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties