WATCH: Nicki Minaj Accuses Short Idol Contestant of Seeking “Pity Party”
9:23 pm, February 7th, 2013VIDEO
The diminutive contestant, who initially blew away the judges with his big pipes and small size, turned Minaj off during his final solo audition during Hollywood Week.
The former “Glee Project” contestant first joked about his short stature and looked like he’s 10 years old, but then went on to say people used to “laugh” at him.
“Sometimes things can go from being inspiring to becoming you wanting a pity party,” Minaj told him, warning him not to “milk that ever again.”
“Be you. Be great,” she encouraged. “And just rest on your talent after today.”
But Fernandes’ “Idol” journey ended there, as he was eliminated from the competition just a short time later.
The 22-year-old, who partially blamed his mediocre performance on the fact that it was his first time with a live band, was left devastated and in tears by the judges’ decision.
Check out the video below at the 3:50-mark, and tell us if you agree with Minaj.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z