Mary J. Blige “Passed Out” at Game, Hit With False Drug and Drinking Speculation
1:18 pm, November 21st, 2012
It’s time for more completely reckless, shameful speculation from MediaTakeOut.
“Mary had a long battle with alcohol and narcotics,” writes the blog. “Hopefully she ain’t BACK ON THAT STUFF again.”
And what evidence does the webloid have to raise such a serious matter?
A photograph of Blige’s eyes half shut.
MTO can’t even muster phony eyewitness accounts or anonymous secondhand chatter about Blige.
Just a picture of the singer, at a random moment during the Nets game, with her eyes not fully open.
That was enough for MediaTakeOut to raise questions of drug abuse.
The outlet is frequently careless in its “reporting,” but this instance veers toward something much worse — and it’s 100 percent NOT TRUE.
Blige was not “passed out” — from substances or otherwise — at the game.
She’s just the latest victim of an MTO smear piece.
A rep for the singer tells Gossip Cop the allegations are “completely fabricated and untrue.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet