Mary J. Blige Shows Off Bikini Body at 42, Says She “Refuses to Go Out” Like Whitney
8:20 pm, November 19th, 2013
The Grammy winner confesses she cut alcohol out of her life after the death of Whitney Houston, explaining, “Others may be able to drink and have a great time, but it doesn’t work for me at this point.”
“I haven’t had a drink in a year and three months. I had quit for a long time but started again about five years ago,” says Blige. “I’m off it completely once more, and now I feel stronger than ever.”
The singer goes on, “Whitney Houston’s death really crushed me.”
“I saw someone so incredibly talented just diminish, and I refuse to go out like that,” declares Blige.
Blige also credits cardio workouts and a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb diet for her healthy figure.
“I had an ‘aha!’ moment recently after a swim. I was walking by a mirror and I saw my abs, and they were crazy toned, and my arms looked unbelievable — in a good way, [and] I was thrilled and so proud of myself,” Blige tells the magazine.
She adds, ”When I’m fit, I can conquer the world. I love the way I look and feel right now and am truly comfortable in my own skin.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank